Old 07-10-2003, 09:32 AM
Tasslehoff

Default CALIBRATION KIT 4.0ph, 7.0ph, 10.0ph

I think it's usually stored in Ph 4 solution and KCl(Potassium chloride)
sold in gardening/hydoponics as potash. DO NOT use K2SO4(Pottasium
sulphate) also labelled as potash depending on the brand.

"-=Almazick=-" wrote in message
. net...
How should I store Ph electorde?

"Dan Drake" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 05:19:26 UTC, "-=Almazick=-"
wrote:

I just bought Checker PH tester by Hanna Instruments and have a

question
about calibration kit. It says in the manual that I have to empty

powder in
100ml of water but I heard that you can split capsules up to 15 times.
That's what I read "May enough buffer for about 15 calibrations if you

are
not wasteful." Also what water should I use? Can I use 1gal. Jewel

or
Dominicks drinking water?

It probably doesn't make a *big* difference so long as you make it with
soft water; but prudence says to use distilled water (or de-ionized) if
you want to be sure the calibration is any good. Available in gallons,
for not much money, in any supremarket I've looked in.

(Don't store your pH electrodes in distilled water, ever.)

--

http://www.dandrake.com/

In the days after September 11, Yahoo searches for Nostradamus
outnumbered those for Osama bin Laden and Sex, combined.