Old 07-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Grow houseplants

wrote in
:

What house plants can I grow from seed. I have access to a heated
propagator and a small home natural light set.
I was thinking of cineraria and coleus a
Any other ideas

Have not tried cineraria. Think I grew coleus once, and they were pretty
easy, but might be misremembering :-).

Dwarf pomegranites come well from seed and make nice houseplants.

I think most houseplants are usually propagated from cuttings rather than
seed. Possibly because you tend to end up with quite a few plants when you
grow from seed, and people tend to have limited space for them?

Have a rummage through the Chiltern Seed catalogue:
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chilternseeds (but I suggest you order the
paper version: it's easier to browse through) and you'll find lots of
inspiration.

Victoria