Old 07-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Bob Bauer

Default I need rose planting ideas.

Emil asked:
The space is 6.5 feet by 16 feet. I need some ideas about how to make the
area look nice. How many roses can I put in that area?

I would put a bunch of miniatures in pots on various height plant
stands. You could use up to 30 of them. It would be spectacular.

Should I use
decorative rock?

No. You should use decorative bark mulch over landscape fabric.

Should I make a path through the middle, so I can walk
through and prune roses?

You should arrange the pots and stands so you can get your nose right
up into each rose, and deadhead them while standing.

Should I kill the grass with chemicals, or remove
them without chemicals?

You don't need chemicals for this simple task. A hoe would work just
fine. OR just cover it with black plastic for a few weeks.

What would YOU do if it was your project?

Minatures in pots on plant stands on a bark mulch base watered by
drip irrigation. I would do it this way because it is a small area by
a patio.

Have fun, it sounds like a great project.

Bob Bauer
http://www.rose-roses.com/