Old 07-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Tina Gibson

Default How to get rid of mites

"Frank Logullo" wrote in message

"animaux" wrote in message
If you can see them, they are not spider mites. Spider mites are almost
microscopic and generally only viewable if shaken onto a white piece of

paper.

You may want to dust all the carpet with diatomaceous earth, wear a mask

and
don't inhale it, but it is non-toxic otherwise. You may have a wicked
infestation of dust mites in the bed, aka bedbugs. They too are

microscopic and
live on the flaked off skin of our bodies. One gram of that dead skin

we
shed
can feed an army of them for 30 years.

I'm no expert, but I can see spider mites when they infest my plants. I
also believe bedbugs are different than you describe.
Dust mites are too small to be a biting concern.
Frank

I also can see spider mites - they are small but visible to the naked eye -
especially when they move.
Dust mites you will never see and never feel...and will always be present in
your house although if you can clean up after them (they collect in the dust
and help to make it as well). I am allergic to them so I am well aware that
you can never truly get rid of them. There are a plthora of other mites that
live on us on a regular basis - but we don't feel them or see them so they
don't bother us.
Bed bugs are definitely visible and you would know if you had them.
There are many small spiders that bite and can do quite a bit of damage
while you are sleeping - also no seeums that will bite you at night and are
quite a nuisance if they are getting in your house and you are trying to
sleep. They will leave red marks on you.
Then there are the fleas...
I would google on this one.