Old 07-10-2003, 08:12 PM
len gardener

Default mushroom compost good or bad?

g'day phil,

i use it as the main filler for all my raised vege' gardens, i live in
rural now and can only get it from the farm (not broken down at all),
in the 'burbs i used to be able to buy it in a composted form. but
either way it does well by me, even grow strawberries in it. and i
just keep adding other material as i go along.

if you can get some horse stable manure or cattle manure from the
yards to add in that will enhance it just need to be careful with the
horsey stuff can have chemicals in from various treatments depending
whether they are pets or racehorses etc.,. sheep, pig, goat and chook
manure will all work as additives.

len

snipped
--