Old 07-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Dan Drake

Default CALIBRATION KIT 4.0ph, 7.0ph, 10.0ph

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 18:12:25 UTC, "Rick" wrote:

"Tasslehoff" wrote in message
u...
I think it's usually stored in Ph 4 solution and KCl(Potassium chloride)
sold in gardening/hydoponics as potash. DO NOT use K2SO4(Pottasium
sulphate) also labelled as potash depending on the brand.

I have a Hanna Instruments PH tester and my instructions are to store in PH
7 solution. You should check the manufactures specifications for your
particular unit .

I once Googled the subject pretty widely and found a bunch of
recommendations including those of some reputable suppliers. The favorite
seems to be 4-molar KCl. That's 300 grams (298 would be quite
unnecessary accuracy) in one liter of solution. pH 7 buffer is also
suggested, and pH 4 also.

--

http://www.dandrake.com/

In the days after September 11, Yahoo searches for Nostradamus
outnumbered those for Osama bin Laden and Sex, combined.