Old 07-10-2003, 11:39 PM
Jim Lewis

Default Wintering my boxwoods and other stuff - Zone 7

"Allen" wrote in message
m...
I've got 5 fairly large boxwoods, 4 from nursery stock, one

from a
construction site. The nursery ones are in 3 gal and 5 gal

tree pots.
The one from construction site, i just put directly in the

ground as
soon as i got it home. Now, in a sheltered area between houses

with
lots of other cover growing around is where i think i want them

spend the winter.
Question 1. I have access to an unheated greenhouse, but

wouldn't
being in the ground be better ?
Question 2. Can i simply bury the pots with my bushes in them

?
Question 3. I've got some healthy boxwood cuttings going in

pots.
Should I put these pots in the ground or in the greenhouse?
Question 4. I have several other collected local pre-sai and

would
appreciate your advice on each. Greenhouse or Ground?

Question 5: Where ARE you? We cannot advise until we know where
you live and how cold it gets there.