Old 08-10-2003, 11:02 AM
sw

Default Cambridgeshire weed (unknown to me )

Mick wrote:

"sw" wrote in message

[-]

A geranium leaf and blue flowers in what was once a field could be
_Geranium pratense_, a rather attractive wildflower. If it is, you could
have other nice things in there as well... you wouldn't care to
contemplate a bit of wildflower meadow, would you? Doesn't need much
mowing, gives you a warm fuzzy feeling for being kind to wildlife,
preserves native wildflowers, and so forth.

Sounds a great idea , the only snag is the Development / Barn conversion i,m
working on expect a table top lawn .
We will get there in the end . Mike.

Try to convince them of the value of a bit of wildflower meadow, or at
least ask them! I've got local G. pratense in the garden -- it's
stunningly beautiful in bloom. They could have cowslips, too, and
knapweed. Truly beautiful, and good for the environment.

regards
sarah

--
Think of it as evolution in action.