Old 08-10-2003, 12:42 PM
J. Del Col

Default have any groundhogs?

(glowworm) wrote in message . com...
Hi-

strange posting you may think, but I'm looking to adopt an orphaned
groundhog. I'd like a pet groundhog and am looking to pay someone for
their "garden-unfriendly" baby groundhog.

I know that a lot of people might not think this is a great idea, but
I've done a good amount of research on it....

Then you know that groundhogs hibernate. How will you provide for
that? Do you plan to go the Punxatawney Phil route and keep it
outdoors with an artificial burrow?

I've heard of people taming groundhogs; they also let them go into the
woods or fields to hibernate each fall.

Keep in mind that wild animals can carry pests and diseases that you
might not want to have around your house. In addition, a groundhog
can do a -lot- of damage with its teeth and claws. They can easily
bite clear through your hand.
I've seen dogs get seriously mauled in fights with groundhogs.

J. Del Col