Old 09-10-2003, 01:33 AM
allanbugg allanbugg is offline
Registered User

Location: Sydney
Default New rose fungicide

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Hanna
In Radika wrote:
No experience at all, but I did find this one research paper about
powdery mildew strains isolated from grape vines in Ontario, Canada
that are resistant to Myclobutanil and how to manage such an
infection:

http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/tcjpp/k01-036.html

Fascinating.. I wonder if roses can become resistant too. I always
suspected as much of triforine, which is my current mainstay. Well, at
least myclobutanil can be added to my rotating arsenal!

Here is some information on its itnernational registration for use as
a pesticide - the countries where it is registered and where it is
not, and there appear to be NO countries where it is banned:

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_...p?Rec_Id=PC120

Thanks for the heads-up on that web site, I'm going to look up
everything I spray there!
The new Yates Rose Shield is actually a combination of two of their existing products. Baycor and Mavrik. Or at least this is what they are telling us in the nurseries.

Allan