Old 09-10-2003, 05:26 AM
Thomas Stuart Thomas Stuart is offline
Registered User

Default Surely there must be alternatives...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaques d'Altrades
The message
from Jane Ransom contains these words:

Is there any other way to do this efficiently and easier way?

Nope
My husband goes through this every year! NO good using a fork, you have
to have one of those things that takes a little plug of soil out as
well. We bought one a few years ago and unfortunately it now has only
two tines left (

If you have a good ex-WD shop locally, see if they have any steel whip
ærials with graduated lengths which fit one into the next one.

These are made from spring steel and though difficult to cut, you may be
able to replace your lost tines with them.

The rest can be used for a fishing rod, dismantleable handle for a
fruit-picking net/bag, etc.

I use short sharpened sections as leather (and other materials) hole punches.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk