Old 09-10-2003, 02:22 PM
animaux

Default Plumeria again

Actually, we have quite a great variety of growers, growing native plant
species. There are at least 10 garden centers in and around Austin, and Dallas
(for that matter) which specialize in native plants. The Ladybird Wildflower
Center has their bi-annual native plant sale next weekend, I believe.

I am looking for seeds of cuttings of Clematis pitcherii. Do you know a source?

Victoria

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:04:45 -0500, J Kolenovsky opined:

Texas needs more people like you willing to propagate and promote native
plants.

JK

animaux wrote:

I have a greenhouse 10'x20' but this year I am going to be growing some native
plants to sell to some local garden centers. For home use, it's a nice sized
greenhouse, but for growing numbers to actually make a profit, it's very small.

I can move it into the greenhouse, but it will take the space of two flats and
that's just not good!

I'll be growing:

Frog fruit
Ruellia
D.wrightii
Hesperaloe
Horse herb
and others.

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:36:06 GMT, opined:

That's how alot of them are sold, just as twigs without roots, or you
can pot it up and just bring the pot in for the winter and keep it in a sunny
spot. That's what I do and it's getting ready to bloom within a couple of
weeks/month.
cheers,
Jim

In article ,

wrote:
Can I actually remove the soil and store this plant in a closet or dry place
over winter indoors?