Old 03-10-2003, 02:32 PM
animaux

Default Plumeria again

Can I actually remove the soil and store this plant in a closet or dry place
over winter indoors?
Old 03-10-2003, 05:22 PM
John T. Jarrett

Guess I missed the last thread moving, but I just put mine in a corner
after all the leaves fall off and water about once a week.

Wife does complain it is ugly if I happen to use a living room corner
or two...

John
No longer in Leander, now in the Meadows

Old 03-10-2003, 06:02 PM

That's how alot of them are sold, just as twigs without roots, or you
can pot it up and just bring the pot in for the winter and keep it in a sunny
spot. That's what I do and it's getting ready to bloom within a couple of
weeks/month.
cheers,
Jim

Old 04-10-2003, 12:37 AM
animaux

I have a greenhouse 10'x20' but this year I am going to be growing some native
plants to sell to some local garden centers. For home use, it's a nice sized
greenhouse, but for growing numbers to actually make a profit, it's very small.

I can move it into the greenhouse, but it will take the space of two flats and
that's just not good!

I'll be growing:

Frog fruit
Ruellia
D.wrightii
Hesperaloe
Horse herb
and others.

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:36:06 GMT, opined:

Old 08-10-2003, 10:32 PM
J Kolenovsky

Texas needs more people like you willing to propagate and promote native
plants.

JK

animaux wrote:
=

[...]

In article , animaux@iosue=

fhk.net
wrote:
Can I actually remove the soil and store this plant in a closet or dr=

y place
over winter indoors?

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 -
http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal

Old 09-10-2003, 02:22 PM
animaux

Actually, we have quite a great variety of growers, growing native plant
species. There are at least 10 garden centers in and around Austin, and Dallas
(for that matter) which specialize in native plants. The Ladybird Wildflower
Center has their bi-annual native plant sale next weekend, I believe.

I am looking for seeds of cuttings of Clematis pitcherii. Do you know a source?

Victoria

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:04:45 -0500, J Kolenovsky opined:

Old 13-10-2003, 02:42 AM
J Kolenovsky

Since I see you are a native plant asset, I posted your desire for
Clematis pitcherii to the group this morning. Hopefully, I'll get a
response back and send it to you.

In the meanwhile, you might contact Ted Doremus. He and Lynn Lowery,
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/p...s/lowrey2.html
used to hang out together.

Mention my name if you want.

Vendor Information....

Doremus Wholesale Nursery
Comments:
Specializing in , native trees and shrubs, and bamboo. 4" thru
45 gal. Wetland plant material

Contact(s):

Ted Doremus / Owner
Mark Bronstad / Gen. Manager

Phones(s):

(409)547-3536
(409)547-3204 fax

Address:
RR 2 Box 750
Warren, TX 77664-9720 =

E-Mail Doremus Wholesale Nursery

JK

animaux wrote:
=

Actually, we have quite a great variety of growers, growing native plan=

species.

Indeed, your area is rich with resources. There are 2 NPSOT chapters in
it.

There are at least 10 garden centers in and around Austin, and Dallas
(for that matter) which specialize in native plants.

Check out the Texas growers list:
http://www.growit.com/TAN/members.htm

Old 13-10-2003, 02:12 PM
animaux

Thanks so much, I've added this all to my bookmarks. I've been planning on
going out to Peckerwood for a long time. Maybe it's the time I should venture
around. I've printed the article about Ted Doremus and will find out from them
where to find these hard to find species. These are the ones I want to grow and
sell. Support the habit and all!

Victoria

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:09:16 -0500, J Kolenovsky opined: