Old 09-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Shelley

Default Insect Repellant Plant

Hi Wanda

I have a citronella pelargonium... not sure if this is aits real name but
its everywhere here and grows like mad from bits that are cut off... I
pruned it once and my kids grabbed bits out of the pile and began sticking
them in the ground .... whollah... I have about 22 plants each about 2
metres wide.... grows like a weed and when the wind blows or you brush it
the most delightful citronella scent emanates from it.... I have many summer
BBQs and no one is ever bothered by mozzies.

Shelley
"Wanda" wrote in message
I was talking with a friend this evening about plants that have insect
repellant properties & vaguely remembered one that might have been a type

of
Tea Tree... Does anyone know the name (common or otherwise)? Is it readily
available?