Old 09-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Seven

Default Trailing fushia

Thanks,

I think I am going to lift it and keep it in the greenhouse just in case,
it's too gorgeous to lose!

"Spider" wrote in message
Many trailing fuchsias are tender or border-line hardy. If yours is one

of
these it will not thrive outside unless you're in a very mild area.
If it's a hardy form then it will probably survive, but may need a lot a
cleaning up in the spring - even many hardy forms drop their leaves and

look
sad over winter.
My only other concern would be damage/soiling of the trailing shoots even

in
summer. However, if the plant seems to cope and you are happy, then

that's
not a problem. A compromise would be a raised bed, from where you could
deadhead and preen your fuchsia more easily.
Spider
Seven wrote in message
I have one of these trailing fuchsias, and have it just planted in the
garden, not in a hanging basket or box, it seems to be doing brilliantly

and
has tripled in size, will it continue to grow or do I need to put it so

that
it can "trail"?

I really like it where it is and would love for it to stay there.

--
I used to be a bighead
Now I am perfect )