Old 09-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default What a rip-off!!!

The message
from "TheGardener" contains these words:

I'm sick of being ripped-off at Shows by being sold
plants which are wrongly labelled.

It's a trading offence. Write a formal letter with details to Tatton's
local Trading Standards office and tell them it's an issue they need to
investigate and take up with the RHS. Open-copy the letter to the RHS
Shows Organiser and ask for redress. You could suggest that if word gets
out their very expensive show stands are being increasingly used for
ripping-off gardeners, reputable traders won't touch them with a barge
pole and the public reputation of the RHS will be ruined.

If it's happened to you often, I'm surprised you don't keep a note of
who you buy from.

Janet.