Old 10-10-2003, 09:13 AM
David Hill

Default Storing Potatoes?

I would suggest you send a letter to the secretary of the Horticultural
Exhibitors Association explaining the situation and asking if she can put a
short note in their next news letter.
I shouldn't think that there were more than a couple of exhibitors showing
at Taton who were selling bulbs, and ;as you say the bulbs were in a display
case; they are probably totally un-aware that there is anything wrong with
the bulbs. They may well contact you as a result.
Just a comment on things in display boxes
Some people will go through and pick out bulbs then change their minds and
just dump them back in the nearest slot, I have often seen spaces with
several different types of bulbs all mixed, and some just cant be told
apart.
If you are buying expensive bulb get them from a supply that cant have been
mixed. if they are behind the counter they are much safer than those in
front.

please contact me if you want the address,
Their web site seems to be down. (Again)
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries