Old 10-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Kye

Default speaking of keikis

Well the encyclpoaedia project is ongoing but on a slow simmer until I can
get some finances going for it....

Thanks for the welcome back... Ive been here for a while but I rarely seem
to actually post...

Kye.

"profpam" wrote in message ...
Kye,

So that's what is why my Den. kingianum has never bloomed. Will have to
put it outside when temps drop.

Welcome back to the forum. Have not seen your postings for a while.
What has happened with the encyclopedia?

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Mangement System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html
---------------------------
Kye wrote:

This plant needs to get (VERY) cold to flower well...

Kye.

"tbell" wrote in message
I have a D. kingianum which was badly sunburnt a year and a half

ago.
It
has since been growing like wildfire in a 1 gal. pot, and replaced all

the
sunburnt leaves, but the problem is that it's growing mostly keikis,

with
only 3-4 blooms from time to time. It has had good sun exposure in my

GH,
and I use 1/2 strength Schultz orchid fertilizer every other watering.
Any ideas on how I can encourage more profuse bloom?
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
(To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)