Old 10-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Jim W

Default What a rip-off!!!

"TheGardener" wrote:

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g2kr74.1ha8xdy7phw14N%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
"TheGardener" wrote:

I'm definitely dischuffed! I went to Tatton Park Flower Show in June,

and
bought three nice big Colchicum 'Waterlily' bulbs at £3.00 each.

Expensive,
yes, but they are so lovely when they flower, I didn't mind paying the
price. The trouble is, now that they've flowered - you've guessed it -

they
are certainly NOT 'Waterlily'. Nice as they are, they are just the

ordinary
single pink Colchicums which I could have bought locally for a fraction

of
the price. Even if I had thought to make a note of the Nursery who sold
them to me (which I didn't), I think they felt safe in assuming that I

would
probably not be able to travel all that way north again to complain and
demand my money back. I'm sick of being ripped-off at Shows by being

sold
plants which are wrongly labelled. Has anyone else been had like this?

You'd have to 'prove' that they were intentianally mislabbelled to
uphold an accusation like that.. Could have just been a mistake, either
by the nursery or their supplier..

Did you get a showguide.. All nurseries are ususally listed therein..

I appreciate that you feel peeved tho!... Life is never perfect!
//
Jim

Well Jim, you're right, I would have to prove that the bulbs were
intentionally mislabelled. However, the bulbs were on sale in a nice
display unit, with a lovely picture of Colchicum 'Waterlily' on it. I can
understand maybe one of the bulbs having got into the wrong place, but not
all three. As for a show guide - they were a silly price. It's expensive
enough getting in to these shows, without having to pay more for a show
guide. They should be given away free in my opinion. (Call me stingy if you
like....)

Nope just a thrifty gardener,.. like myself;-) I try to avoid paying to
go to shows myself LOL-)

//
Jim