Old 10-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Jim W

Default houseplant reproduction - how?

May wrote:

I've absolutely no idea of the plant's name. It stands 14cm high, has pink
flowers, is bushy, with thick squidgy leaves that are oval with very
pronounced scallops around the edge - and it couldn't be more healthy.

A few weeks ago I stuck one leaf taken from this 6-month old houseplant into
some new indoor soil in a vain hope that a new one would grow. There's good
news and bad because the leaf developed a huge root system beneath the soil
but all you can see above the soil is the original leaf and nothing else.
Am I being impatient and in another few weeks a lovely new stem will shoot
up?

Any chance of a posting a pic online?

//
Jim