Old 10-10-2003, 11:12 PM
TheGardener

Default What a rip-off!!!

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "TheGardener" contains these

words:

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g2kr74.1ha8xdy7phw14N%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...

You'd have to 'prove' that they were intentianally mislabbelled to
uphold an accusation like that.. Could have just been a mistake,

either
by the nursery or their supplier..

Well Jim, you're right, I would have to prove that the bulbs were
intentionally mislabelled.

No, you don't!!!! Consumers are protected by law against wrongly
labelled goods or misleading descriptions. It doesn't matter if a
mislabelling or misdescription was intentional or mistaken on the part
of the vendor; or if his supplier was the party at fault. The vendor is
liable to compensate the customer.

Ring your local council's Trading Standards Office, and they will tell
you exactly the same and give you excellent free advice. I find them
very easy to deal with, friendly and efficient. When a customer has a
valid complaint against a trader, and can't get redress after following
the correct complaints procedure as advised by TSO, then the TSO will
take it up on their behalf, free of charge.

Btw you are entitled to claim from the vendor any legitimate expenses
incurred in recovering your loss ; such as phone calls, stamps for
letters, and travel costs to return goods.

Janet.

In my original post, I said that I had not taken a note of the Supplier.
Therefore, I can't chase them up in any way :~(( I just put it down to
experience, I'm afraid. The trouble with bulbs is that you can't see the
results until it's too late! Although, even with buying plants, you can be
sold a duff one. The leaves look the same as the plant you want when you
buy it, but when it flowers, the flowers are inferior. But by then, it's
too late.......
Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk