Old 11-10-2003, 12:42 AM
V_coerulea

Default Protecting ivy over the winter question.

A good dose of 10-10-10 in early spring and again in early summer ought to
bring it into great looking condition long before September. Along with
adequate moisture, it shouldn't need much else unless you're along the
northern border of its hardiness. You don't say where you live. You also
don't mention the exposure. N, NE, NW exposures don't need much help below
the northern limits. Southern exposures could use some shade.

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
I may have posted this before, but I can't remember any suggestions.
We have a bank of Ivy, I believe it's English Ivy, you know, the kind that

you
see 90% of the time.
Anyhow, winters are hard on it and it's not until September that it's

filled in
and looking good. Is there anyway of protecting it over the winter?