Old 11-10-2003, 04:22 AM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Something Nasty behind the compost heap...

The message
from iljunk (Pen Phill) contains these words:

I had a really good mixed display of geraniums and Tomatoes this year! The
result of composting the remains from the greenhouse last year! Can't keep
nature down!

Dug a hole in the front 'lawn' to molish a bed, and everything in the
resulting filth - er - tilth except three nasturtiums were self set.
Though I did move a few to more sensible places. It's been a blaze of
colour all summer.

Have: (Apart from bulbs)

Sweet tobacco in many colours;
violas in different sizes,:
a couple of pansies, (Julian and Sandy);
lots of lobelia, some rampant, some couchant;
a scented geranium - well, thousands really;
'cottage garden' flower whose name I can't unforget;
teazels;
sunflowers and certain cereals and legumes wot arose from birdseed. No,
none of that!
a peanut;
and the usual crop of weeds.

--