Old 11-10-2003, 07:42 AM
JennyC

Default houseplant reproduction - how?

"Franz Heymann" wrote
"May" wrote
I've absolutely no idea of the plant's name. It stands 14cm high,

has
pink flowers, is bushy, with thick squidgy leaves that are oval with

very
pronounced scallops around the edge - and it couldn't be more

healthy.

A few weeks ago I stuck one leaf taken from this 6-month old

houseplant
into some new indoor soil in a vain hope that a new one would grow.

There's
good news and bad because the leaf developed a huge root system

beneath the
soil but all you can see above the soil is the original leaf and

nothing else.
Am I being impatient and in another few weeks a lovely new stem

will shoot
up?

Probably.
Let's play the guessing game: I opt for Kalanchoe
Franz

I agree with Franz's answer.
Your cutting will probably only start to show real new growth next
spring when the weather warms up, succulents usually go rather dormant
during the winter.
Jenny