Old 11-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Jim W

Default houseplant reproduction - how?

Franz Heymann wrote:

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g2mwdy.1sbgukc1etsqgcN%00senetnospamtodayta@ macunlimited.net...
May wrote:

I've absolutely no idea of the plant's name. It stands 14cm high, has

pink
flowers, is bushy, with thick squidgy leaves that are oval with very
pronounced scallops around the edge - and it couldn't be more healthy.

A few weeks ago I stuck one leaf taken from this 6-month old houseplant

into
some new indoor soil in a vain hope that a new one would grow. There's

good
news and bad because the leaf developed a huge root system beneath the

soil
but all you can see above the soil is the original leaf and nothing

else.
Am I being impatient and in another few weeks a lovely new stem will

shoot
up?

Not to a text-only ng like this one. Many (most) servers would simply
reject it.
You could post to one of the binary ng's and direct us to there by a note in
this ng.

Franz

I meant of course using a suitable facility not to this group. But
thanks for pointing it out Franz. Not sure why you clipped my post tho?
//
Jim