Old 11-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default What a rip-off!!!

The message
from "TheGardener" contains these words:

Well Jim, you're right, I would have to prove that the bulbs were
intentionally mislabelled.

No, you don't!!!! Consumers are protected by law against wrongly
labelled goods or misleading descriptions.(snip)

In my original post, I said that I had not taken a note of the Supplier.
Therefore, I can't chase them up in any way :~((

I know. Several people including me, suggested earlier how to get help
from the RHS. But when you and Jim both made a wrong statement about
consumers' rights I thought it worth correcting so that others could
benefit.

I just put it down to
experience, I'm afraid. The trouble with bulbs is that you can't see the
results until it's too late! Although, even with buying plants, you can be
sold a duff one. The leaves look the same as the plant you want when you
buy it, but when it flowers, the flowers are inferior. But by then, it's
too late.......

Not in law and not in my experience, but I'll save my breath.

Janet.