Old 11-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Blake and Jennifer Wilkins

Default [IBC] FOUND!! A Parslie leafed Hawthorn

The best way to get a hawthorn is to buy one from a nursery that
sells native plants.

Barb -

Parsley hawthorn is easily located in such nurseries in Southeast Texas as
it is, indeed, one of our native species. In Houston, you can find them at,
amongst others, Buchanan's Nursery in Houston, a small nursery specializing
in native plants. It is one of our favorite nurseries, so if you are in
this area, please give them your patronage.

As for those on your property, parsley hawthorn is also a fabulous
understory tree - quite beautiful in spring * and a favorite of birds and
butterflies - we have one we purchased from Buchanan's in a place of honor
in our yard. I would recommend leaving yours alone and buying a nice one
for training.

Blake in Houston