Old 12-10-2003, 04:42 AM
Greg and Lisa

Default CO2 System advice wanted

Yes that's the one.Have had some interesting replies in regards to the DIY
system and are constructing one as we speak.

I'm curious as I have seen some posts relating to the dispensing of the CO2
in water.

It would appear and correct me if I am wrong but I need some sort of
diffuser.I looked at the commercial unit by nurafin I think it was and they
use a sort of plastic scaling unit which allows the bubbles of co2 to
progress it self to the top of the unit.

Is this required and what would I construct to replicate this .Or do I
really need it and just dispense through a air stone or something and adjust
the delivery rate to give so many bubbles per second..

Hoping someone can clear that up or advise..

Greg

"Bob Alston" wrote in message
The one I looked at works fine, just gets expensive over time due to the
cost of the fizzy tablets.

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com

"Mark" wrote in message
I believe the system you may be looking at uses a yeast and sugar for
producing the CO2

Mark
http://www.cichliddomain.com

"Greg and Lisa" wrote in message
I'm looking into CO2 and found a system which does not require a CO2
bottle..It uses a tablet or something.

Can anyone explain how this works and the CO2 in general please and

wether I
have to purchase tablets from the supplier at a inflated cost or

wether
there is an alternative.

Thanks in advance

--