Old 11-10-2003, 06:22 AM
Greg and Lisa

Default CO2 System advice wanted

I'm looking into CO2 and found a system which does not require a CO2
bottle..It uses a tablet or something.

Can anyone explain how this works and the CO2 in general please and wether I
have to purchase tablets from the supplier at a inflated cost or wether
there is an alternative.

Thanks in advance

--

"Scanned with Nortons Antivirus 2003"

Old 11-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Mark

I believe the system you may be looking at uses a yeast and sugar for
producing the CO2

Mark
http://www.cichliddomain.com

Old 11-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Bob Alston

The one I looked at works fine, just gets expensive over time due to the
cost of the fizzy tablets.

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com

Old 12-10-2003, 04:42 AM
Greg and Lisa

Yes that's the one.Have had some interesting replies in regards to the DIY
system and are constructing one as we speak.

I'm curious as I have seen some posts relating to the dispensing of the CO2
in water.

It would appear and correct me if I am wrong but I need some sort of
diffuser.I looked at the commercial unit by nurafin I think it was and they
use a sort of plastic scaling unit which allows the bubbles of co2 to
progress it self to the top of the unit.

Is this required and what would I construct to replicate this .Or do I
really need it and just dispense through a air stone or something and adjust
the delivery rate to give so many bubbles per second..

Hoping someone can clear that up or advise..

Greg

Old 12-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Bob Alston

Take a look at my co2 information on my web site. Most is for pressureized
but some is for DIY.

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/...Pressure%20CO2

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com

Old 14-10-2003, 09:32 AM
Robert H

"Greg and Lisa" wrote in message ...
I'm looking into CO2 and found a system which does not require a CO2
bottle..It uses a tablet or something.

Can anyone explain how this works and the CO2 in general please and wether I
have to purchase tablets from the supplier at a inflated cost or wether
there is an alternative.

Thanks in advance

Jungle fizz factory or Bioplast. Its like an alka selzer tablet. Lasts
two or three days. Gives off a sudden burst of C02 which disappates
quickly.

Robert Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com
www.trueaquariumplants.com