Old 12-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Madgardener

Default What grew best for you this year?

"Andrea Bostrom" wrote in message
I am in Zone 6 in Kentucky and my tomatoes, green peppers,
jalapeno peppers and habernero peppers all thrived and I have many bags of

them
stored in my freezer for chili this winter. Strangely, my squash and

zucchini,
which usually grow like weeds, did not do well. Nor did my egglant.

Andrea

hmmmm, well, quite a large number of my various perennials. The absolute
best was actually the fig tree if rated for performance. It set fruits
earlier than it ever had. In March. Then when it started ripeniing come the
end of August, it started cranking out figs unlike any other time in the
last three years it's produced fruit. And it's still cranking out figs.
Great huge ones that are sweeter than I would have thought possible for
early October. I have three pounds of them in the fridge and I need a
receipe because I hate to throw them away when they turn.

madgardener up on the ridge, back in fairy holler, which overlooks English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee in zone 7, Sunset zone 36