Old 12-10-2003, 05:02 PM
animaux

Default What grew best for you this year?

On 12 Oct 2003 13:37:28 GMT, (Andrea Bostrom) opined:

I am in Zone 6 in Kentucky and my tomatoes, green peppers,
jalapeno peppers and habernero peppers all thrived and I have many bags of them
stored in my freezer for chili this winter. Strangely, my squash and zucchini,
which usually grow like weeds, did not do well. Nor did my egglant.

Andrea

I can't seem to grow much vegetables in Texas. I know it can be done and is
done year round, but I have a hard time. Onions did the best, I have my fall
tomatoes coming on and developing fruit. My 'Dixieland' peach tree did that
absolute best. It is a three year old tree and produced well over a bushel of
beautiful, perfect fruit. I thinned it to one peach every 6 inches or so and I
pruned it in the late winter before bloom. I am going to plant another this
winter. My neighbors loved the peaches and now if I have one in the front
garden they can just come and take what they want.

Victoria