Old 12-10-2003, 07:32 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default Poulan blower starts only by priming?

After starting and running great, one day the Poulan 432 PRO blower would not
start. After pulling the cord about a dozen times, I removed the spark plug. It
was dry, it should have been wet with the gasoline/oil mix. This indicates it's
not getting fuel.
So I removed the air cleaner and primed it. It ran until the primer fuel ran
out. I did this several times and then all of a sudden, it kept running. I did
all the leaf blowing I wanted to do, shut it down, and immediately tried to
start it. Nope, didn't even fire. Took off the air cleaner, did the primer
thing, and eventually it ran.
What the hell could be causing this?