Old 13-10-2003, 03:42 AM
bmuller

Default Tropical Water Lily

"Jeff & Kathy Brown" wrote in message
Has anyone had success with bringing a tropical water lily inside and
keeping it in water for the winter? Thanks.
Kathy

I did a bunch of experiments a number of years ago. When kept below 70
degrees I had many deaths. When kept between 70 and 75, all survived, but
did not thrive. At or above 75 growth occurred. But, due to low light
conditions, they still did not bloom. I have not done the grow-lite
experiments. I keep them in a "horse trough" that is 6 feet long, and use
500 watts worth of fish tank heaters to keep the temperture up. We live in
Michigan, by the way, and the tank is in a cool greenhouse.