Old 13-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Jenny

Default What grew best for you this year?

Basil went crazy here, as did carrots, radishes, peppers, watermelon (my
first year with that one), beets and tomatoes.
I had several other things in too...but seeing as this was our first garden
this year (grass there last year) it did pretty decently.
Got a good dump of 'poo' from my dad's barnyard and away went the garden!
Gonna dump again this fall for next year, better again next year I hope!
Also, we added to the garden, its 5 times the size of this year's 'patch'
now.
Got horseradish and garlic planted for next year already....gotta cover it
this fall though for winter.
We live in eastern Ontario, roughly zone 4/5.
Cheers!
Greenthumbs and brown nails from Wolf Grove Hollow.!
Jenny

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
m...
WEEDS!!!!

With all that heavy rain, the grass grew higher than an elephant's
behind!!!!

Is it true that down there in Kentucky, your grass does blue humor?

I don't know what you're going to call that corn whiskey of yours but by

the
time you get to Bourbon county, you're bound to think of something?!!!!

Andrea Bostrom wrote in message
I am in Zone 6 in Kentucky and my tomatoes, green peppers,
jalapeno peppers and habernero peppers all thrived and I have many bags

of
them
stored in my freezer for chili this winter. Strangely, my squash and

zucchini,
which usually grow like weeds, did not do well. Nor did my egglant.

Andrea