Old 14-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Barking Mad...

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

If it has Jeyes in, I would seal the bag quickly and take it back. Jeyes
fluid is poison to plants.

And you might consider blacklisting the garden centre for being
irresponsible.

Many old gardening books (and maybe some of the newer ones - but I
haven't got any) recommend sterilising soil with diluted Jeyes Fluid.

My father used to apply it to the greenhouse beds every autumn, and it
never bothered the tomatoes, cucumbers, aubergines or peppers in the
next season.

The grape vine (planted outside, but plenty of roots came in to sup on
the manure/compost also applied) didn't complain either.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk