Old 14-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default FIGS - not ripening

Your plant is still too young to produce viable fruit. It takes a couple of
years for the rootstock to get thoroughly established.

You will indeed need to cover your plant for it survive the winter. Ask an
old Greek or Italian that has fig trees how they overwinter their plants in
your area.

Sabaa Mundia wrote in message
Dear friends,
I bought a fig tree this year from Franks nursery in Long Island, it is
growing very well and made lots of small figs but the fruit is not

ripening
and any fruit that becomes little big falls off. So please can some one

tell
me what is happening.
And also living in New York that is zone 7 do I need to cover over the
winter and if yes then with what should I cover it.
Thanking you in advance for your replys,
sabaa