Old 14-10-2003, 02:12 AM
a.stranger

Default cleaning vinyl siding?

I get a lot of dirt from a road that goes down one side of the house, as
well as green mossy stuff that would like to grow on the siding. About once
a year I mix up some cleaner w/bleach in one of my garden sprayers, spray it
on the siding, then get a car wash brush that attaches to a hose, and
brush/rinse the whole thing. Works great, is pretty quick, and hasn't harmed
anything it the last 7-8 years. I'd be afraid that a power washer would not
only get water behind the siding, but might even damage the siding itself.

"Joe" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:44:37 -0500, "K, T, E & N"
wrote:

I'd contact a local siding company and ask about the power washer. Could

be
mold or insect dew (poop). There are cleaners available on the market -
spray on, just hose off - be careful of plants around the house.

Kim

I have heard, I think on the Jon Eakes show, that power washers can
put water inside the walls. It goes under and thru the little vents
in the siding. We have a similar dirty siding problem with what could
be mildew (very shady area) and will try one of the cleaners that
attach to a garden hose.

Joe
Ontario