Old 11-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Tony Pacc

Default cleaning vinyl siding?

I have white vinyl siding,on one part of the house I have a bunch of small
black specks,not sure what it is ,but they are hard and also hard to clean
off,I suspect they may be some type of insect eggs ?Would a power washer
remove these,the are a lot of them,anybody ever run into this? Thanks

Old 12-10-2003, 03:02 AM
K, T, E & N

I'd contact a local siding company and ask about the power washer. Could be
mold or insect dew (poop). There are cleaners available on the market -
spray on, just hose off - be careful of plants around the house.

Kim

Old 12-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Beecrofter

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message ...
I have white vinyl siding,on one part of the house I have a bunch of small
black specks,not sure what it is ,but they are hard and also hard to clean
off,I suspect they may be some type of insect eggs ?Would a power washer
remove these,the are a lot of them,anybody ever run into this? Thanks

Sounds like artillary fungus. The spores are a bitch to remove.
YMMV
Old 13-10-2003, 04:02 AM
Joe

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:44:37 -0500, "K, T, E & N"
wrote:

I'd contact a local siding company and ask about the power washer. Could be
mold or insect dew (poop). There are cleaners available on the market -
spray on, just hose off - be careful of plants around the house.

Kim

I have heard, I think on the Jon Eakes show, that power washers can
put water inside the walls. It goes under and thru the little vents
in the siding. We have a similar dirty siding problem with what could
be mildew (very shady area) and will try one of the cleaners that
attach to a garden hose.

Joe
Ontario
Old 14-10-2003, 02:12 AM
a.stranger

I get a lot of dirt from a road that goes down one side of the house, as
well as green mossy stuff that would like to grow on the siding. About once
a year I mix up some cleaner w/bleach in one of my garden sprayers, spray it
on the siding, then get a car wash brush that attaches to a hose, and
brush/rinse the whole thing. Works great, is pretty quick, and hasn't harmed
anything it the last 7-8 years. I'd be afraid that a power washer would not
only get water behind the siding, but might even damage the siding itself.

wrote:

I'd contact a local siding company and ask about the power washer. Could

be
mold or insect dew (poop). There are cleaners available on the market -
spray on, just hose off - be careful of plants around the house.

Kim

I have heard, I think on the Jon Eakes show, that power washers can
put water inside the walls. It goes under and thru the little vents
in the siding. We have a similar dirty siding problem with what could
be mildew (very shady area) and will try one of the cleaners that
attach to a garden hose.

Joe
Ontario

[IMG] code is On

cleaning siding Henry & Carolyn Lawns 14 20-01-2011 02:35 PM
* FREE * Classified Ads for Vacuums ,Carpet Cleaning equipment, and Carpet Cleaning Vans and Vehicles Classifieds Webmaster Lawns 1 19-08-2004 12:43 PM
mold spores on vinyl siding Alan Lawns 3 21-05-2004 02:10 AM
Cleaning vinyl siding - not ordinary "stain" Universal Inquirer Lawns 0 04-10-2003 10:22 PM
Wooden 4x4 vs Vinyl or Plastic posts? dp Gardening 16 15-02-2003 05:51 AM