Old 14-10-2003, 02:42 AM
David Ross

Default I have a questioon about creating a pseudo-bog.

Marc wrote:
=

These a low spot on the side of my house that gets a lot of standing wa=

ter
during the spring or whenever we get allot of rain but also alto of sun=

=2E
But during the rest of the year it stays pretty dry . I have a sump pu=

mp
that discharges close to there and the waste water from my washing mach=

ine
can be piped there to keep a more continuous moisture level. The sump
discharge is not a problem - I know - but the soap and bleach could at =

time
be a problem. Should I let these discharge above the bog and then let
nature take it course? For know I'm going with Louisiana Iris and ging=

er
lilies maybe some cardinal flowers and go from there any suggestions?

Although your climate is different from Montreal, you might try
contacting the Montr=E9al Botanical Garden (Jardin botanique). They
have a very nice bog garden section. Their English language Web
site is at http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/jardin/en/menu.htm. =

-- =

David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Sunset Zone: 19 -- interior Santa Monica Mountains with some ocean
influence (USDA 10a)