Old 14-10-2003, 03:02 AM
GrlIntrpted

Default Onc. Makalll x Ornithorhynchum "Boso Sweet"?

"William Hill" wrote in message
om...

Hi Mariana, I have a bunch of that cross which I got as compots, 1 is
in spike & I thank you for the preview of what it looks & smells like.
It is: Onc. Makalii 'Gota' as pod parent and Onc. ornithorynchum as
pollen parent The tag should properly read: ONC.________ (onc. Makalii
X ornithorynchum)'Bosco Sweet'apparently the plant was 'cloned without
(or before) being registered. Hope this helps--I could be wrong & the
ornithorynchum could be a clone named 'Bosco Sweet' but I'll know when
more plants bloom from the compots. BTW don't frown on
Oncidiinae--they grow like weeds, bloom often & are some of the
easiest plants to grow. Big variety in flower color size etc. Bill

Bill thank you for the information.

As to the Oncidiinae, it's not that I frown on them, I'm just indifferent
to the species. Perhaps it is partly because it is so easy to grow them,
perhaps because the flowers on most of the one's that I've encountered are
so small. But this particular one is very pretty, and the flowers are not
as small as the other onc's that I've seen.
Who knows, maybe I'll grow to like them some day .

Again thank you,
Mariana