Old 14-10-2003, 05:02 AM
^*^ Vosklady ^*^

Default Filter recommendations for planted tank

"Alex R" wrote in message
"^*^ Vosklady ^*^" wrote in message
. ..
Hello,

I've recently gotten into having live plants in my tank. I'm currently
running an AquaClear 500 on my 55 gal. I'm having to clean the filter

out
often (to remove plant debris and not to clean the media) due to

clogging.
Is there a filter out there that can handle plant debris without

clogging
so
easily?

Any thoughts/recommendations/opinions appreciated.

Which part of the AquaClear filter is getting clogged? If you're using an
extended intake tube, and the place where it gets clogged is where the

outer
tube meets the inner tube, then you can simply cut off the inner tube's

mesh
and it won't clog there anymore. (I hope you understand which part I'm
talking about.) I used to have the same problem with my AC, but now the

only
thing that clogs it is small snails.
__
Alex
pcalex (at) hotpop.com

Hi Alex . . . many thanks for the reply, it's appreciated.

I'm not currently using the extended intake tube setup, but the info you
gave is good to know for future reference . . . I'll have to keep that in
mind.

I was browsing around Petsolutions.com and came across a pre-filter that can
be used with power filters, canister filters or powerheads so I decided to
order one. If you are (or anyone else is) interested, you can find this
pre-filter at:

http://petsolutions.com/cgi-bin/cgii...019.700000&l=1

Many Thanks Again & Best Regards,

^*^ Vosklady ^*^