Old 14-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Marshall's Experimental tomato; blight resistant?

"Ant" wrote in message
:

Did anyone else grow Marshall's Experimental tomato?
The seed came as a free packet with my seed order, as far as I can
remember.
They turned out to be a (very) small plum tomato. I like small ones
anyway, and these were very tasty and sweet, cropped well in spite of
neglect and did not get the blight which other adjacent plants
developed. I have saved some seed!

Unfortunately I didn't get any of those seeds. As, like you, I like
small plum tomatoes, could you please let me know the name and
catalogue number please.

I have spent a small fortune at our local Morrisons keeping myself
stocked up with small plum tomatoes prices varying between 79p to
£1.19p for a tray of some 6 - 8 tomatoes :-(

If you could reply with the details I would be very grateful.

Try "Vicki", they were experimental a couple of years ago. Are the new ones
the same or an improvement?
Anyone grown both?

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.