Old 14-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Karen

Default Black-eyed Susan seeds

(HA HA Budys Here) wrote in message ...
All my B.E.S. flowers are starting to fade and I was wondering - if I scattered
the seeds in and around a vacant lot they would produce new plants there in the
spring? Or should I bring the seeds inside, store for the winter and plant them
in the spring?

TIA

Your zone?

I'm in zone 5. I have a black eyed susan in a corner a few years ago.
It scattered its seeds all over my garden by itself. Now I have black
eyed susan everywhere in my garden. They sprout out like weeds in the
early summer.

You should be OK if you scatter the seeds now. You can also split your
plant and transplant them where you want. It actually help the old
plant to revive. The flowers from the seeds are small like daisy in
the first year. The second year and on, they'll be tall and big like
sun flowers, which I like better than the sorry looking small ones.

They're easy to take care. They're considered wildflowers. you can't
kill them unless you give them too much water.