Old 14-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] Altered work of art

Good Day to All,

regarding Bonsai/Tree Penjing and the changes that
naturally occur with the passing of time,I tend to work
more with the idea of working towards a design,then
letting the tree/s free grow for a few years [this I base
on Horticultural health] and starting anew.

In the earlier issues of Bonsai Today I saw enough Kimura
make overs to be convinced that Bonsai/Tree Penjing are
essentially phoenixlike in nature.

I think that -living sculpture- requires a different type of
thinking and a new set of guidelines.So it's easy for me to
divorce the rules for say marble as sculpture or oil painting
or vitreous enamels from trees.

This is where the change or newness of concept starts.

A perfectly designed Bonsai/Tree Penjing can only exist for
me as a holograph [digital image with today's present
technology].
Khaimraj
[West Indies/Caribbean]