Old 14-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Tina Gibson

Default Need Jalapeno processing help

Hi,
I usually dry mine, but if you want to freeze them just cut them open,
remove the seeds and chop to size you want, put in freezer bags. They tend
to get soggy in the freezer though but will good be adding to soups stews
anything you just want the flavor in and consistency doesn;t matter.
If you want to dry, just run string through them and hang them up in a dry
place.
Or you could roast them - that is the absolute best. Put them on a hot
greased barbecue until blackened. Put peppers in a paper bag, seal, leave
for 20 min. Peel off skins and pack in oil. Refrigerate. Good for about 6
mths this way in the fridge.
Tina
Tina
"GENEVIG" wrote in message
I grew Jalapeno peppers for the first time this year and would like to

know the
best way to process and freeze them for future use this winter. I have

about
one hundred peppers to process.

Thank you very much.

Gene