Old 14-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Tina Gibson

Default Name That Weedy Flower!

Oh my god - I had the same thing come up in my garden this year I presume
from the wild flower packet I threw around - I would love to know what it is
as well. It is definitely an everlasting but blasted if I could figure out
what kind!!
"paghat" wrote in message
news
I'm expecting this one will be easy for folks, but it hasn't been for me.
This wildflower:
http://www.paghat.com/images/sweetsomething_aug.jpg
has been blooming all summer & still blooming now. It popped up in a
roadside sungarden as a volunteer, very tiny last year, a good-sized clump
this year. It's less than two feet tall. The clusters of blooms add up at
biggeset to the size of a fist.

I remember when I was a child this very flower grew around a stump with
yarrows on my great-gram's farm & the grandkids would pick them & gramma
taught us how to dry flowers using this thing. But I can't for the life of
me remember what she called them.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"