Old 15-10-2003, 12:12 AM
bnd777

Default Moving Leylandiis

"DLee" wrote in message
Hi All

We have about 20 of them along the fence looking into a road - which is a
bit problematic with youths haning around. These Leylandiis have been
planted this May, and grown about a foot - which are now about 3 to 4 ft
tall. The fence is about 5.5 ft - 6 ft, so still a lot to catch up to

block
the road properly.

I am thinking of moving 10 of them to the side of the garage, as hee too

is
needing some protection from vandals, because I bought some Thugas and

Larix
Ddecidua trees which I want to try in the place of 10 Leylandiis, as they
are supposed to grow fast as well.

Is this right time for moving? Will they cope with this move? How tall

will
they be this spring? Anything to consider on this move?

cheers

Dan

If you need to deter vandals etc you would do much better to plant

Pyracantha
The spikes see off intruders but the berries are beautiful and much much
easier to maintain than Leylandi