Old 15-10-2003, 03:12 AM
Vic Tiongco

Default I hhow many 2' kois can fit in there?

Thanks, Lee,

I know what you mean about that fish at the pet store, but I moved to
Seattle now, the pond is at my moms place in Canada, won't need to worry
about that. But the filter I have should be able to handle it, maybe I'll
double the filter system size so my mom doesn't have to clean once a week.
Pond is always clear to bottom, UV used and lots of hyacants and lettuce,
keep the water very clean. No amonia or nitrate or nitrite problems.

PH is about 7.9.

"Lee Brouillet dmi-tpa.com" lee@no-spam wrote in message
It depends on how much work you want to do. The "standard" answer is 1,000
gallons for the first one, and 100 gallons for each of the additional

ones.
The guys that like to maintain show quality fish have 1,000-1,200 gallons
per fish. In reality, the limiting factor is the amount of filtration you
have and the amount of work and money you want to put into the pond to
maintain the water quality. "Keep the water and the water will keep the
fish". In theory, with enough filtration, you could keep the current

roster.
However, they WILL breed, and there will always be that fish that sits in
the retail tank and "calls to you" . . . to be safe, I'd find homes for

half
of your current fish.

Lee

"Vic Tiongco" wrote in message
I have an 1800 gal pond how many 2 foot koi can fit in there? I have

about
10 that are 1'6" koi, and have 10 less than 6"