Old 15-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Christopher Norton

Default Rotovation

The message
from "GitFinger" contains these words:

Hi All,

I am going to rotovate part of my garden this weekend (it was a pony paddock
that we have purchased from a neighbour that is uneven and pretty bare) in
preparation for grass seeding and I wondered if anyone could offer any
tips/advice, especially with regards to what type of grass seed to use.
I want a hard wearing, nice looking lawn but not a bowling green!

Many thanks

Dave

Unless you have had some rain recently (and I dont mean a couple of
showers but real rain) then I would say get some water onto the land
then dig it a little before getting the machinery out. Without water my
allotment`s clay soil is just like concrete and will not budge for my
5hp MTD at all!

Go to your local seed merchant and get a mixture heavy in rye grass.
That should be quite hard wearing.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use