Old 15-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Theo

Default [IBC] My visit to the national Arboretum in DC

HI Kitsune Miko
what is a Goshin and a Bugies ( means candles in french :-)
Washinton DC?
Thanks
Theo

Kitsune Miko wrote:

Well I have been back for a week, which means two wees
ago Sunday I got to meet Nina Shiskoff and Anita
Hawkins face to face after all this time.

Anita picked me up at my friend's pre Civil War
vintage farm house in Maryland and took me into DC we
met Anita there.

So i got to tour the collection in the company of the
collection's plant pathologist and a docent.

Gosh, those trees are beautiful!

Befor viewing the collection, I wondered why so many
were interested in Bougies. In California they are
never more than skinny sticks. Growing in a proper
cliamte, the sure do shape up.

I wanted to see Goshin. I had seen photos of this
planting. They are nothing compared to the real
thing. I think one would have to spend a lot of time
there to really know the trees.

Thanks Nina and Anita, who I will never confuse with
Iris Cohen again.

KItsune Miko

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++